Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Newly Grateful

If money were no object for the present buyers in my life I'd be after a natty little car to replace my shitehawk of a Ford Fiesta Econetique.  An Abarth Punto Evo perhaps would a good thing to find under the Christmas tree.  But it's not going to happen so I'll settle for some nice soap instead.

It occured to me yesterday that I can be an ungrateful so-and-so.  I'm lucky to have a motor AND to be able to fill its fuel tank.  And the Fiesta does have a few redeeming features. It's rather nippy for a green car and it does have a Bluetooth stereo system so when there is a signal to my mobile I've got Spotify on the move.

If you too need a reminder of the benefits that being grateful can confer check out this link to a talk by the amazingly youthful looking 87 year old Benedictine monk David Steindl-Rast.  He reminds us that not only should be grateful of the material things around us but also for the opportunity presented by each moment.

3 comments:

  1. Your link to the Monk leads me to the car advert...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that my fine editor in chief. Now corrected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, it is a very interesting talk.

    ReplyDelete