Monday, 30 December 2013

Okay, So Where Is It?

Remember those 10,000 words of a novel that were going to be finished and sent off to Richard and Judy by January 1st?  Well, the arch procrastinator must have returned because it ain't going to happen. Boosted by the idea of winning their novel competition's rather substantial £50,000 prize, I've now nearly got to 5,000 words but it's slow old progress. Although I normally try to curb my perfectionist streak as it puts up barriers to me doing things, this is one  that I  really want to get right given the time and mental energy that I devote to it. It's going to take more than a few weeks of very part time working on a story to produce something that I'm really proud of and I'm not there yet.

A bit more dedicated time to the project will be helpful though.  Hang on, I'll be having a couple of months sick leave soon when my knee is reconstructed where I'll largely be confined to the house. I reckon that this is just the thing I need to be focusing on then.  It will give me something to achieve at a time that might otherwise be quite bleak.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the project. You can put your recovery time to good use.

    ReplyDelete