Tuesday, 31 December 2013

To 2014....And Beyond!

Perhaps 2014 will be my year for self-development?  Well, it can't be the year of spend, spend, spend as I need to start saving big time.  A move to my Brixham home and probable lifestyle change to a period of self employment  is on the cards in 2015. That's going to need a few pennies. So it's time to look ahead. Self-enlightenment seems a cheap, alternative way to spend time instead of retail therapy!

A Facebook post introduced me to the work of Don Miguel Ruiz and I've ordered his book The Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (Toltec Wisdom)  from the library.  It's normally kept at Dartmoor Prison, a place where self help text could come in a bit useful. Those four agreements are:


  1. Be Impeccable With Your Word.
  2. Don't Take Anything Personally
  3. Don't Make Assumptions
  4. Always Do Your Best.

All good stuff which is expanded upon in the orignal post that I read here.  It definitely looked like it needed exploring further as an antidote to shopping.


Anyway have a good New Year's eve to everyone out there who will be seeing 2014 in.  It's unlikely that I'll do so.  An evening of packing lies ahead of me!

2 comments:

  1. My spouse is a fan of the 4 Agreements - I really should read the book. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you anexactinglife. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete