Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Hoping Competition Wins Are Like Buses

Photo:  Arriva436
I was looking for a shot with one bus passing another at a stop but instead couldn't resist this cute one.   There is a huge danger that it could lure me into the dark depths of transport spotting if I don't take care so let's get back to topic.

Finally after an eight month long wait, when everyone must have thought that I'd given up the comping habit, I've won, I've won, I've won! Yes it's that long ago that my Dualit toaster came into my life and revolutionised it just a little bit. Someone phoned me yesterday though and told me that I'd won an annual membership to the Devonshire Health Complex and Racket Club  in Plymouth.

Funnily enough I used to be a member years ago and entered the competition as I had fond memories of the steamy outdoor pool. Now I'll be able to trawl lazily up and down again taking in the fresh air and perhaps even squeeze in amongst those toned types and wobble my flab on all those impressive machines in the fitness area.  Gym membership isn't something that I'd never contemplate paying for myself anymore.  I prefer exercising in the great outdoors and taking in the scenery as a bonus.  But someone up there must know that, to return to fitness after my impending operation, I might need a little extra boost!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win and hope it helps your op recovery to be much qucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Oh, doesn't time fly? Eight months since you won your lovely toaster!

    ReplyDelete