Saturday, 15 February 2014

More Steps in the Right Direction

Today's picture is a bit obscure I know but it does have footprints in the foreground.  It was taken on my 2011 trip to Yellowstone National Park and yep, that little fella making his way across the bridge may sure look familiar.  Perhaps it would be nice to have some snow at the moment instead of this relentless wind and rain but then again don't they say be careful for what you wish for?

Anyway the purpose of this post is not to comment on the woefully dire weather situation but to impart the news that I've reached another half stone milestone on my 5:2 dieting journey.  Not one but two of those lovely great big Cornishware mugs are on their way.  I thought that if I have a friend round for a cuppa they might appreciate a vat of tea too!

On reviewing my dieting posts I see that I've been making a concerted effort to lose weight since September 2012 but only really started to see progress from October last year.  Since then I've lost 17lb in spite of having Christmas and a holiday in the way. That's not to be sniffed at in my reckoning.  The big incentive has been getting as fit as possible before my knee op that's scheduled in just under six weeks now. Might it be possible to lose another stone before I go under the knife.  Let's see.

So, now to choose another milestone reward to aim for.  What shall it be?  Now after thinking long and hard I've decided that I would really like a new pair of glasses to pep up the image of the new slimmer me!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! I will be following along to wish you well for your surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good achievement, well done!

    ReplyDelete