Thursday, 6 February 2014

Oops My Mistake!


There's me been thinking over the years that the Devon Guild of Craftsmen run the rather fine Contemporary Craft Fair that's held at Bovey Tracey each June.  Not so, they are separate and now the Contemporary Craft Fair has its own shop in the town.  I'm told that the organisation are very friendly with each other. They're not having fistie cuffs in Marsh Mills Park which is probably, as we speak underwater because of the stormy weather around here. Anyway, by way of an apology, like when newspapers have to eat their words and take up valuable print space admitting that they'd been wrong I thought I'd feature one thing from each place that I've recently snapped.



Yep, the observant amongst you will notice that there's a bit of a theme going on here.  The three makes shown here have been constructed from found objects.  I've been lusting after Kirsty Elson's cute little driftwood creations for some time now.  Alas, my 2014 spending rules prohibit a purchase.  I'll have to see what I can rustle up as a homage after a trip to the beach.  And I'm rather taken too by Caroline Sharp's creations too that just go to show what can be achieved after a walk in the woods. It's worth the time to follow the links to each artist's delightful and inspiring website.

1 comment:

  1. I have long been a fan of Kirsty's work, I find it fascinating to llok at.

    ReplyDelete