Thursday, 6 March 2014

What Did The Mouse Do When His Friend Fell In the River?

He gave him mouse to mouse resuscitation. Boom! Boom!

There's nothing quite like a good old charity shop rummage and Louis and I got some a few of those on our trip to Falmouth at the weekend.   We meandered down the main street towards the National Maritime Museum popping into these secondhand treasure houses as we progressed.  I came up trumps finding two of the type of  sassy little skirts that I'm currently rather partial to. There's one with a bright silky retro-esque pattern.  It's lovely but I discovered when wearing it yesterday that you can be prone to impromptu Marilyn Monroe impressions when its windy! One for still, calm days I think. Then there's the monochrome number which caught my eye that the charity shop lady told me was topical. Black and white,  you see, are the colours of the Cornish Saint Piran whose feast day has taken place this week.  Such a shame that he's dead and buried and not around to celebrate it!

With the princely sum of twenty pence, Louis felt that he had come up trumps.  That's in spite of the fact that the raggeddy old copy of The Awful Joke Book he bought is so dilapidated that its first eight pages are missing.   True to its title it contains some monumental howlers which provided entertainment for people on the next table in a coffee shop as well as ourselves.  There's some rather bizarre line drawings too.  I don't know if it was the sea air getting to me or the louche look on that worm's face but this one made me giggle rather a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment