Saturday, 12 April 2014

Long'Uns Like Lou's?

My Louis has been in Mallorca with his dad but gets home late this evening.  Then the peace that been over Lovelygrey Cottage  for the last few days will be shattered and it will be transformed into a much livelier place.  My life as a co-parent is certainly has two distinct halves and I treasure them both.

Here's a picture of Lou that hotfooted it from the villa where he was staying earlier in the week.  It serves to illustrate three things that we don't have in common.  I would never, ever wear a  onesie, especially not a fluffy one with ears.  As well as being the type of nocturnal garb that could condemn me to singleton status for evermore it would make night time trips to the toilet a right royal pallaver.   Secondly I do not need 'Clothie', a relic from baby days, to help me sleep. That's the greying,  grubby and, dare I say, smelly muslin square that you can see below his left hand.  I've written before about what happens when I wrestle 'him' (for Clothie has a sex!)  away from Louis for detoxification in the washing machine.  The final difference that I'm going to point out is a source of great envy.  Do you see those much admired eyelashes that my son has?  Even from a distance they look amazingly long and thick.  A camel would be proud of them. Whereas mine are stubby and insignificant and seem to be becoming more so with the ageing process.  Sob!  Go lookie at my make up free self  to see what I mean.

Of course I could go down the mascara route to rectify this but my 'made up with make up' experiment convinced me that I don't want to faff around tarting myself up or cleaning the stuff off when I'm sleepy.  And could you imagine me being the type who wears false lashes?  No, no, no, no, no!  Apart from the unnaturalness of the look, there's a 99% chance that, with my dexterity as it is, I'd end up with one crawling down my cheek like a deformed spider.

I was resigned to doing nothing. After all there are more  important things in the big wide world to be fretting over.  Then a friend mentioned this stuff.  Rapid Lash Serum, that she's successfully tried and tested, is really easy to apply, conditions the lashes  and apparently makes them longer and thicker. .  What have I got to lose except £22.50!  This is not something that happens overnight and I'm told that it'll take about a month before I see visible results.  I'll report back and let you know, after this time, whether I can compete with the local Devon Red heifers in  eyelash terms!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I think onsies would be a nightime nightmare and all three of my sons have eyelashes to dies for and I too can not be bothered with the make up faff except for VERY special occasions, so three things we have in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mention of false lashes reminded me of when I wore a pair to a wedding back in the 60's and one came adrift, I didn't know if it would be better to rip them both off or make out I hadn't noticed, I think I did the latter. Never bothered with them since and like you can't be messing about with mascara as a bit always manages to get into my eye and I can't rub it. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say that your picture of your son reminded me of my Grandson who lived with us for 4 years. He fell asleep in bed with his hands on the keys of his laptop after he'd been to a festival, I have photo somewhere.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete