Monday, 14 April 2014

TOWIE: The Alternative View




Just time for a quick one today so I thought that I'd share this happy little ditty about Essex, the county that I grew up in.  I've chosen this particular version partly for its video that was shot on the seafront at Southend-on-Sea, a place where many happy memories were formed. It's only a twenty minute walk from Mum and Dad's house so most childhood weekends and school holidays were spent down there.  What a brilliant place to have on your doorstep.

The other thing that I like about is that it paints a picture of a county that isn't dominated by stereotypical Essex Man or Woman.  We don't all have dyed blonde locks, fake tans and bejazzled lady gardens, I'll have you know.  My recollection is much more of a county where it's not to difficult to find chirpy, creative individuals.  Rather like Devon then!

No comments:

Post a Comment