Thursday, 29 May 2014

Not So Simples

Photo: Ashleigh Thomson
You know the other week I said that I would sell Oleg, the baby meerkat cuddly toy that I would have received from comparethemarket.com to offset the cost of car insurance.  Well I lied! It was a lovely novel idea but I didn't end up doing it in the end.  I thought I'd better 'fess up otherwise I might end up with a nose as long as Pinocchio's and we can't have that can we?

When I ran the figures through the site for a second time I realised I'd made an error the first time around and the premium came out about £30 higher. So, I decided to have a peep at other comparison sites to see if I could get a cheaper deal.  I found that buying a policy through Quidco, the cashback site, shaved the price back down to the original quote.  Granted I'll have to wait a little while for some of the discount but I would have done anyway.  As anyone whose bought insurance throughcomparethemarket.com know, those meerkats take a long time to arrive!


So the moral of this story?  Simples!  Don't just go to one comparison site to find the cheapest product.  They don't all have the same deals.   Cute as those meerkats are, they're not always the savviest creatures on the block.

1 comment:

  1. We ended up with the best deal on our home insurance by asking our existing insurer to reduce the price of renewal. For the first time since I've been using them, it worked out better than going through a cashback site!

    ReplyDelete