Saturday, 3 May 2014

Old Rule Jewels

I'll have to 'fess up and say, that in spite of the fact that my blog posts wing their way off there, I don't really 'do' Twitter.  It's just one of those things that I've never got my head around. Believe me, an awful lot more stuff takes priority up in that busy little noggin.  But the folks on the site sent me an email today showcasing the work of Clare Hillerby, a jeweller who features old handwriting and other found objects in her silver jewellery designs.  It's clever and totally gorgeous and so I couldn't resist showing off a couple of pieces by her that are for sale on www.madebyhandonline.com.

I'm not an earring girl on account of being the type of person who's prone to losing things and would end up with a collection of single danglies. These ruler earrings though might tempt me though if I were.  Lots of the designs include old stamps like the brooch above and I'm quite taken by those.  At the risk of giving philatelists everywhere a heart attack I'd say that this is a much prettier way of displaying them than in some dusty old album!


No comments:

Post a Comment