Friday, 6 June 2014

Lovelygrey: Climate Control

Summer may be fast approaching but here at Lovelygrey Cottage there's a reminder of colder seasons too.  My fridge/freezer really isn't well but I'm loathe to change it as I won't be in this house for ever more and want to wait to replace it with one that's a good fit for a new home, wherever that may be. Brixham calls but sometimes I have second thoughts.  The setup is nice and easy for Louis with both his homes in close proximity that perhaps similar arrangements should continue whilst he's at senior school.  I don't know.  It's too much to get my head around at the moment.

In the meantime I put up with dodgy door seals which mean that both compartments ice up if they're not shut with the utmost care.  Funnily enough this doesn't always happen. Now a glacial flow  is threatening to emerge from the freezer to compensate for the ones that are disappearing in the Arctic and Antarctic circles.    I'm going to have to defrost it yet again. It's a job I detest and I kick myself for not having prevented it from happening. Just the thing that I want to be doing after a working day.

After a rocky start, my transition back to work has thankfully smoothed out though and I'm more energised. My colleagues are happy to have me back and they say that there is more laughter in the office.  Not sure if this is with me or at me.  Maybe it's a combination of both.  Certainly my new mid afternoon habit of a five minute chair based  power nap  got a bit of mirth.   But let them titter! It freshens me up nicely and gets me through the rest of the working day and beyond.

So, I'm back to driving around the Devon lanes to visit my patients in my glorious green Citigo with a music backdrop to match my mood.  One of the things I've been experimenting with is the heated seats.  I've found that if you make the air conditioning out as cold as possible and turn the temperature up it's like sitting on the knee of a friendly polar bear in an Alaskan storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment