Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Mum Son Stuff

Apparently I'm beautiful, kind, wise and loving.  I know that because my son told me last night on the way back from a lovely evening out. We'd had a fishy supper in a creekside pub, during which Louis acquired a taste for John Dory, and then a walk and mess about on the beach at Dawlish Warren.  It was like a mini-holiday after work and school.

I didn't have to twist Louis' arm around his back or bribe him with chocolate to say what he did. His words were spontaneous and out of the blue.  And in amongst the quarryful of rocks that he stashed the pouch of his hoodie, he found me this heart shaped rock to treasure too.

Sometimes parenting is a job that you're really not sure that you've sussed.  Maybe this is proof that I'm on the right track. I'm overwhelmed with chuffedness.   There's still room for improvement though.  'Am I funny as well? I asked.  'Only occasionally' was the reply!

3 comments:

  1. Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had to do! You only have to look at your son to see he's happy so you are doing a sterling job!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little children don't make up things like that ou know. What a sweet thing to say.

    ReplyDelete