Monday, 2 June 2014

Too Tired To Blog Properly

Blimey, first day back in the office after two months of leave and it was surprisingly hard work. It wasn't as if I did anything particularly physically demanding like the chaps in this, one of my favourite paintings, Les Raboteurs de Parquet by Gustave Caillebotte.  I think I like it so much because of the muted lighting effect and the unusualness of the subject matter given that it is from the Impressionist period when flowers and all things twee were de rigueur.  Depictions of men with muscly arms and backs are, need I say it, just an added bonus!

So just from sorting out a full inbox of emails, meeting with my manager and identifying the appointments that I need to make, excuse my French,  I'm completely knackered.   How did I go from feeling so energised yesterday?   Not sure how I'm going to fit in a proper life as well as a job again but its got to happen.  I can't spend every evening lounging around in a pathetic heap. We work to live and not the other way around after all. Let's force myself out for a wee spin on the bike and see if that bucks me up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will get easier! Hope the bike ride did the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get into the swing of things soon enough, just don't do to much too soon.

    I love that painting too, the light is fantastic/

    ReplyDelete