Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Just Finished Reading: Remarkable Creatures.



After writing about Mary Anning back in May I've been itching to get down to Lyme Regis to find the  dinosaur that has my name on it just falling out of the cliffs of the Black Ven.  I've been too busy though.  Instead I've had to make do with reading Remarkable Creatures by Tracey Chevalier. Thanks Aril from Gnat Bottomed Towers for recommending it.  It was right up my street.

It's a historic novel based on the life of the  fossil hunter that seems very well researched indeed.  I was fascinated by the idea that one of the ways of travelling to London in the nineteenth century was a sea trip via the English Channel.  Now there's a trip I'd like to do, but perhaps on a modern day yacht.  Anyway if you're after a good holiday read this may cut the mustard.  It has a seaside theme after all!

3 comments:

  1. I hope that book is better than 'The Last Runaway', that was a complete disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, what a coincidence! My friend loaned me this very book last Friday and I could hardly put it down... I loved it! I had never heard of it before she gave it to me.
    Thank you so much for spreading the word about it.
    JanF

    ReplyDelete