Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Just A Question





I don't claim to be even a teeny little expert in world affairs especially not what goes on in the Middle East.    It all seems very complicated.  Or is it?  As a ordinary human being all I want is a peaceful, happy life with my loved ones with as little conflict as possible.   Laughing, talking, eating together,sharing ...... you know, the simple stuff.    I thought that's what everyone desired. Warmongering totally perplexes me but perhaps I'm looking at it from the perspective of someone who doesn't have testosterone coursing through my veins.  Or wherever else it courses.  Physiology isn't a strong point either.

I shared this report by Jon Snow on Facebook and perhaps some of you have seen it there doing the rounds.   Last night I watched Louis sleep and felt blessed that  my son lives in a safe, secure environment. That this simple right is denied to other kids is heartbreaking.  I feel moved to do something about this horrible state of affairs but wonder as a regular working single mum  if I am powerless.  There are much bigger more powerful fish in the sea who don't seem to see things my way.  But if sharing this clip to raise awareness is helpful so be it.  I just want to ask a question of our politicians too.  After all I've had way more regrets for not speaking up rather than for voicing what's on my mind.  So here goes.

'Excuse me if I'm being really dumb here but why are there no sanctions over Israel for these atrocities against children?'

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand the politics of this awful war either…I just feel so sad for all the innocent lives being lost. You might be interested to read a blog I have recently discovered.
    http://yuliyamoreorless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help you with an answer, I don't understand what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a question we've been asking on and off for more years than we care to remember, along with many others where the subject of Palestine is concerned.It appears that there are some things that the 'policemen of the world' choose to ignore, depending on where they are happening, and who is causing them to happen.

    ReplyDelete