Monday, 15 September 2014

Motorhome Musings

We were playing with the cartoon effect on the phone camera this weekend.  How cool is this!

Even spending a weekend with two adults and a child in the motorhome hasn't put me off my imminent plan make it my residence.   It's made me realise that I'm never happier than when I'm living in it.  So it's full guns blazing here.  Bits and pieces of superfluous stuff have been removed from the van to make room for things that will be more useful.  My wardrobe and other possessions in the house  are being ruthlessly culled.  Fabric samples have arrived and I'm mulling over upholstery choices. And in the next hour a man will arrive to give me a quote for removals and storage. Once I've set a moving date then I'll reserve my pitch on the campsite.  It's all going in the right direction.

Lou and I are thinking about what we'll miss in a home made of bricks and mortar.  We both agree on the bath and flushing toilet.  He says that he values the space but that's on the minus list for me.  The greater the size of a house, the more cleaning there is.  I think I'll miss the conservatory where I sit and bask in the sun when it's too chilly outside.  My cab will have to serve this function.  I'll spin the swivel seat and soak up the rays with a cup of tea.

I won't miss the tiresome packing and unpacking of possessions from the motorhome each time that I go away.  I reckon that I've spent a good two hours doing this over the last couple of days just for a weekend trip.  Once I'm on site and fancy a little spell away it will just be a question of unplugging  the hook up, winding in the awning and setting off.  I do believe that it's going to be bliss.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like bliss to me...and no gardening! You can just enjoy being you. I am excited for you, perhaps even a tad envious ;o). Good luck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so exciting. Is there any restriction on how long you can stay on a site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toffeeapple. There are restrictions but the campsite that I'll be staying at are a bit woolly on how long I can stay. Certainly I've emphasised that I'm taking the van offsite some weekends and will be staying at friend's houses once or twice a week (for those baths maybe!). There are quite a few sites around here so I'll move on when needed or indeed when I want to. x

      Delete
  3. It's good that you will have a choice of sites.

    ReplyDelete