Thursday, 9 October 2014

Instructions for Dancing




I'm in the process of creating a list of the 50 things to do before I die. Up there at number 2, close on the heels of a trip to Easter Island, is getting married again.  I think I'd like that.  Not that there's anything remotely on the cards, unless, as an act of self love, I pop the question to myself, like some woman I read about in the Guardian last week.   It's good to plan ahead though.  I've been doing that in respect of item number 8 on the list which is to walk the entire length of the Appalachian Trail.  My chummers and I, from the 1997 thru' hiker cohort, are already talking about a silver anniversary attempt in 2022.

Louis is still mainlining episodes of Scrubs after we've had the nightly battle with homework.  I was only half watching the other evening.  There's so much else to do at the moment!  This incredibly beautiful song by Peter Gabriel  and the enlightened words spoken by JD stopped me in my tracks. Maybe it could be an early contender for that first wedding dance!

2 comments:

  1. You are certainly an interesting person who lives life. No doubt you will find the right person to share it with.

    ReplyDelete