Tuesday, 7 October 2014

MC Squared And Maybe More

What I didn't let on when recalling the great weekend I've just spent with friends and Louis, was that I've hurt myself again. I've witnesses to attest to the fact that this didn't result from doing anything daft. Honest! I was merely enjoying a Dartmoor stroll when, with no warning, my ankle gave out. It's the left one, the same side as the knee that got repaired earlier this year. By the time that I'd discovered that it wasn't going to be a case of walking through the pain and reluctantly turned to hobble back to the car it had ballooned.

So yesterday I spent the majority of the day in bed, dosing myself up with ibuprofen left over from the time of my op, sleeping on and off and giving myself reiki as a top up to conventional treatment. Recent personal research has indicated that there is little scientific evidence for this particular complementary approach. That makes it a load of nonsense doesn't it? Well no. 

Just because rationale for unexplained phenomena haven't been found they can't necessarily be discarded as claptrap. Look how our ancestors who were adamant that the earth was flat came unstuck. Loads of stuff hasn't yet be accounted for in scientific or logical terms. Energy healing seems to be personally beneficial even though it's something that I can't rationalise. As such I'll carry on using it. The most recognisable physicist before Brian Cox came along, acknowledged that our knowledge, that seems so advanced and complex, is impartial. It looks like I might be in good company in daring to believe in something where understanding is beyond my grasp.

“The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religion.”

PS: When looking for a picture to illustrate today's post, these words from a piece of Einstein's correspondence spoke out.   I hope that he's incorrect  and that there are more than just a few of us out there striving for what's worthwhile.  This is one scenario where I think that the great philosopher would like to be proved well wrong!

Photo: Forbes


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I hope you heal very quickly. I have no doubt that Reiki will help in your recovery, I am a great believer in things like that, especially Reflexology, from personal experience.

    ReplyDelete