Thursday, 16 October 2014

More Cat Swinging

Photo: Rightmove 
This little Streatham studio flat featured in the Guardian caught my eye last week. It was on the market for £99,950, a rock bottom price unheard of for many a year in the buoyant property market in the capital. It has a similar floor area to Klaus the Knaus, my motorhome; nineteen square metres versus the van's eighteen. Squeezed into that small space, right where the cab in my motorhome would be, it's even got a full sized bath.  If I had to base myself in London I'd rather live in this little apartment than that gloomy narrow house featured in a post a few weeks back.   A passing cat might even enjoy having a little swing here.
Photo: Rightmove

In fact I'd go as far as saying that I actually like it.  I'll give you it's scruffy and could do with the decor being updated and something other than a microwave to cook with. But it's been well thought out and the use of space is clever. There's everything needed to be quite comfy and self sufficient.    I'm thinking  that, with a natty paint job and lighting to differentiate room areas, well thought out furnishings and storage, a new bathroom and and maybe a swanky balustrade and spiral staircase to the mezzanine, it could be transformed.  Ten grand could probably do a well nice job.  In fact if the new owners want I could be hired as their new small space interior designer!


No comments:

Post a Comment