Thursday, 30 October 2014

Moving Day Plus One

At 6pm last night after a twelve and a half hour day of sheer physicality and a good bit of noggin work. I surrendered and scurried to my new home, the campsite.  Yay! I parked the motorhome there earlier in the day so it was waiting to welcome me .  I brought beer and fish and chips to celebrate.  There's still about a couple of hours work left at Lovelygrey Cottage before I give the keys back to the letting agents. Then there's a van and a teeny Skoda to sort out.  Both my vehicles look as if they're inhabited by a crazed kleptomaniac.  Okay,  I exaggerate when it comes to the motorhome  (not the car!) but I'm really not a completely happy bunny unless things are in order. Salty Dog messaged me to ask how things  were going and see if I was enjoying myself.  I have to say that I'm not there yet  on the fun stakes but once everything is nice and shipshape I'm sure life will be good for me and the boy.

I know you lovely people want to see my pimped van but you'll have to be patient.  Let me get it to a rare few seconds of showhome gorgeousness before I do that. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments recently. They mean a lot to me.  Apologies that I haven't been replying as I might but, as I've been saying at work recently, I haven't got a broomstick up my arse.  Maybe this is  a totally valid solution to my multi-tasking needs! 

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are ' moved in' - I'm sure you'll have everything sorted in no time, and will be able to sit back and enjoy your new way of living.
    Fish, chips and beer sound like a perfect celebration at the end of a busy day.
    We admire you greatly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly there! I am looking forward to seeing your van in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on taking the leap. Beer and fish & chips sound like an ideal celebration. Look forward to the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is always stressful...it's fun for us, watching from the corners of the web!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pleased you are in your new home now. I love reading your blog each day, it is one of my favourite blogs. I found you a few months ago via the lovely Mean Queen. This is my first comment and I'm a little shy! I'm a mum of teenage sons and also live in South Devon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful new life in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for kind wishes folks. x

    ReplyDelete