Sunday, 16 November 2014

He Who Dares Wins Rodney!

Aaargh! a day when superfast broadband has been replaced by its weedier superslow cousin!  I'd love to upload pictures of my made over van but I fear it's going to be a long old process.  I'll try and see if it can be achieved during the day in short bursts so you can have a look tomorrow. Listening to ten seconds of a coffee advert from Nestle for the privilege of an intermittent service makes it all the more frustrating. Still it's better than nothing.  

Quite a few times  I've been told that I have been very brave to give up conventional bricks and mortar and choose to live in a motorhome.  I like that.  Courage is a quality that I'm well chuffed to have associated with me.  For, in the grip of past fears, I was not true to myself and did not act or speak in the ways that my inner voice told me was right.  I'm trying to actively change that.

So today's title, a favourite quote from my mate Reiki Ray, is my new motto.  And for my final words today let me share something in a similar vein that is  altogether more highbrow. It was nicked from another blogger's profile.  I'd tell you who quoted this Danish philosopher but I'm darned if I can remember. If it was you, leave me a comment and I'll give you the acknowledgement that you deserve for these very wise words.


'To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.  Not to dare is to lose oneself.'  Soren Kierkegaard.

3 comments:

  1. Being true to yourself is so important...and sometimes so hard! Thanks for your fun blog and good (but human!) example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you-I wish I would see myself as courageous, and listen and act on my inner voice.This may become my favorite quote from any blog I read! "For the grip of past fears, I was not true to myself and did not act or speak in the ways that my inner voice told me was right. I'm trying to actively change that."

    (sorry-my first cut and paste attempt to quote you back went dreadfully weird!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks for your kind words. Gee! I'm touched that my own outpourings might become a favourite quote xxx

    ReplyDelete