Thursday, 25 December 2014

Cold and Crispy Christmas

The heartiest Christmas wishes to you all whatever you are doing!

Even though I have a geeky interest in the heavens I am normally crap at turning up for astronomical events. Take the Geminid meteor shower about ten days ago which I looked forward to in anticipation.  I slept through that.  And so it is that whenever there's something to see in the sky I'm either in the land of Nod, or have got the wrong date or time. Even when I do turn up there's usually a traditional English blanket of cloud obscuring the view of whatever I'm supposed to be oohing and aahing at.

So I was very excited yesterday evening when I spotted the International Space Station passing over the campsite at 5:22pm. No doubt Santa was on board doing his final recce of the United Kingdom before tethering his reindeer. And even though unforecast rain is pattering on the roof of the motorhome, I'm optimistic that those clear skies last night predict a perfect winter walking day.   For those are my main plans for Christmas.  There's a frosty yomp across the hills with a detour to see a certain eleven year old unwrapping his presents to be done!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Julie! Enjoy your walk on Dartmoor...looks like a fabulous day for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas Charlotte - the walk was fantastic. I'm hoping the weather stays good for the one tomorrow. x

      Delete
  2. Hope you are having a lovely day. Your walk sounds great! I am on the computer checking up on blog posters that I read, waiting for my son and fiancee to cook what seems like a very nice meal…..beef and many veg! Quite a lot of wine already drunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas Frances - Beef sounds good. I've a rather wonderful ribeye to take to my family in Essex and I'm going to cook it for them at the weekend. x

      Delete
  3. Hope you are having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEP! We saw it here in Surrey too.
    Pretended to small Grandson that it was Santa on his Sleigh.
    We all need a bit of magic in our lives sometimes!
    Sounds like you enjoyed your peaceful Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete