Monday, 29 December 2014

In Search of Witchy Stones

Shoebury's East Beach, though gorgeous, was a far more chilly place than when Lou and I last visited in July.  The nip in the air from the Arctic blast that rushes down the North Sea to these parts brought out all my son's big girl's blouse tendencies. 'I'm cold!' he grumbled, though he was swaddled in a fair few layers.  'Let's go back to the car.'  Swift action was needed if my daily constitutional was going to last more than a few minutes.

My mind went back to a blog post written by Aril from Gnat Bottomed Towers back in November.   This beach with its mix of shingle and sand looked like it could yield treasure.  So, I promised Lou that he could beat a retreat to the Citigo and turn his heated seat on at full blast after he'd found each of us a 'witchy' stone. Ever since Aril was given her holey hag stone, allegedly imbued with magical properties, I've hankered for one of my own.    Ha! My cunning plan worked.   Cold extremities were forgotten and the search was on.  I got my lovely walk and we found three of these beauties.  So now, to make my wish.......!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool stones! And well worth looking for in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you now have your ownx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stones with memories make for the best items of home decor!

    ReplyDelete