Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Stickman Tribute to Adam Hills

I spotted this bloke striding out in Ivybridge on my way from  my 'secret' free parking spot to the weekly team meeting.   He made me laugh. Louis has also rightly pointed out that the badly painted bike looks like a death trap too.   Perhaps that's how my walker lost his leg in the first place?  Anyway he reminded me of Adam Hills, the Australian comedian.  I've only just come across his programme 'Last Leg' and may have to do some catching up to do on YouTube.

I'm well impressed with this rant against Katie Hopkins. The more people who speak out against her the better.  How a person can be comfortable with themselves for earning a shedload of money from spouting toxic rubbish is way beyond me.  It doesn't bode well for her daughter being brought up to be a well rounded, lovely person even if she is kept away from people with names like Charmaine and Tyler.   This woman will only be stopped when TV channels stop paying her to air her provocatively hateful opinions.   Also loving the assertion here that attractiveness isn't based on physical perfection.   It took awhile, maybe more than three quarters of a lifetime, but thankfully I've learnt that now. In our airbrushed world, there's plenty of folk who still need to hear that message loud and clear.



PS:  My favourite episode of The Simpsons?  Series 1: Episode 3.  Homer's Odyssey.  There! I've got one.

7 comments:

  1. Thankfully I have no idea who Katie Hopkins is and haven't a clue what she has said. and have no plans to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we don't have a TV...never heard of Katie Hopkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you guys with TVs realise that you're not missing out on anything at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant clip,,, never watched the prog. but might need to start now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed this present series of " Last Leg" so far, but I have watched many episodes before. Adam Hills is brilliant…very easy on the eye too! I must do some catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No TV here so no idea who the woman is or what she does, neither do I care. I shall watch the clip in a moment, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete