Monday, 26 January 2015

Unsticking From The Mud

2015 promises to be a fabulous year for me and my mini-me in little boy form who's thankfully inherited the wanderlust gene. We're going to our favourite Breton campsite at Perros Guirec for the third year running.  Our tickets for  our umpteenth outing to Chagstock have already been bought complete with a pitch in the motorhome field.  And to top it all we're returning  to my favourite place in the world, Yellowstone National Park, for a summer time visit where I'm hoping to spot some bears and wolves as well as doing a bit of geyser gazing.  How lovely does that lot sound?

However it occurred to me the other day that I'm getting a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to choosing travel destinations.  I'm revisiting  the same places again and again and again - Brittany, Barcelona, Washington State, Andorra.  Even in the UK I've got a tendency to choose old haunts.  So I've made up my mind to explore further afield.

I haven't got those transatlantic flight tickets yet and it occurred to me that Lou and I could very easily notch up another country on our travellers' bedposts.  So instead of flying into Seattle we'll go another 150 miles North.  That tips us over the US-Canadian border and we'll end up in Vancouver.   I've heard it's a bit good there so we might as well stick around and explore for a few days.  What makes this option even more attractive is that the cost of flights work out a few hundred pounds cheaper.  That's yet another excuse not to stick to the same old places again and again and again!

4 comments:

  1. We took the small person to Canada when he was 11- fabulous trip and a wealth of different experiences for him. Good idea to go somewhere new- we're off to pastures new this summer.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got some really exciting times lined up. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love it. I haven't been in a few years, but so much to do. I want to take some grandkids and travel from there down the coast to California. Enjoy if you choose to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all good wishes. I know that we're going to have a ball! x

    ReplyDelete