Saturday, 14 February 2015

1 Corinthians 13

Photo: Cambridge University

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all!  I had to pick Louis up from school yesterday early as he was feeling unwell.  Roses were being sold for a quid each in reception  that could be delivered to a favourite teacher.  Now there is one who's caught my eye but I resisted the temptation.  Acting on impulses  like that would enhance my embarrassing mother status into unacceptable realms and we can't be having that!

I thought I'd go with a post about love in its widest sense today and turned to the Bible, a book that remains dear to me in spite of having no faith with a name these day. Here's a passage that's well-known and a popular reading a weddings.  It gives just a tiny glimpse of the mind blowing wisdom contained in the scripture of one of the major world religions and is spot on when it comes to defining a state of being to aspire to.

4 comments:

  1. Love falleth never awaye..definitely something to aspire to. Hope your perfect man finds you soon. He is closer than you know(!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! He'd gave a job finding me at the.moment as I'm all over the country Isn't the olde Englishe lush? x

      Delete
  2. Isn't the rose for teacher thing a bit weird…on several levels? Especially in view of the recent news that more and more teachers ( often female teachers) are " grooming" pupils for sex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know how many pupils took up this suggestion. Reckon most of the roses get delivered to girls school over the road. Teacher suggestion probably just for stray single mothers who happen to be hanging around in reception! x

      Delete