Friday, 20 February 2015

Free Fish!

Did you know that since December the  Microsoft Clipart and its image library is no more?  It used to be my favourite resource, aside from my own phone camera, for sourcing pictures for my blog.  I'm uncomfortable about using pictures that are not copyright free as I live in fear that some fat cat image owner will get angry and take my motorhome as recompense!  Using the microsoft site used to be my guarantee that I would not end up homeless and could sleep well at night - except for the times when there were other causes for insomnia of course!

For the last month or so I've been using the images on Wikipedia which I've been attributing to the provider in accordance with the instructions.  However I've just found an article on the Coastal Creative Reprographics website which gives links to seventeen other places where I can source copyright free images for nowt.

So today I bring you a beautiful picture of silvery fish.  I don't have to tell you that it comes from the Pixabay website. With 270,000 free images it's the biggest featured.

2 comments: