Monday, 30 March 2015

Daffs and Disco Dress

It's a good job that someone else at my party took some photographs, albeit slightly grainy ones. Thanks girlies!  Here's me in that birthday dress that I bought for a fiver last month in Teignmouth.  I didn't need to get my mates to body wrap me to get into it this time.   There was another shot of me getting slightly frisky with a fully consenting adult blow up dolphin.   Nothing too risque I have to say but for the sake of the most sensitive souls out there I've decided not to share that one.

My entire  retro outfit  including new tights cost less than £20. Proof that you don't have to spend a fortune on a party frock.  People are there to see you and not the clothes you're in.  Here's the breakdown:

Dress £5
Scarf  £6.50 (Peacocks)
Hat    £3.50 (Rowcroft Hospice Shop on the Barbican)
Tights - I think they  might have been £3.50 too.







And what have we got to show for a night of revelry.  A vanful of wine and chocolate that's what!  It can't be bad.  There's also these flowers picked from her garden by Nellie.  She must have known that seeing the daffodils come out at this time of year makes me smile.  It's the sign that, even though it may be chilly, spring has well and truly sprung.

1 comment: