Tuesday, 10 March 2015

The Everyday Made Beautiful

Photo: MoMA
New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art looks like it has a wonderful collection.  But we can't all go gallivanting off to the States whenever we want to.  Some of us have jobs and kids who have to go to school you know. Some nice curator must of realised this and they've put the museum's collection online so everyone can have a peep wherever they are in the world.  It's a wonderful resource when you're seeking that little spark of inspiration.

I'm struggling with the composition of my latest multi-coloured linocut.  So off I went to seek inspiration. This one caught my eye.  Art depicting people going about their everyday business often appeals to me.  I'm thinking back to the work of Caillebotte, Anthony and  Forbes that I've blogged about in the past.   It's not surprising then that this beautifully executed serene print by Herman Bacharach took my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment