Thursday, 9 April 2015

Not Needed but So Wanted!

I've coveted those huge festival flag on their skinny, bendy poles for a very long time but couldn't justify the expense of buying one myself.  Soooo frivolous! Ibiza Queen Vikki must have been reading my mind for she spirited me away to the car park in Ivybridge after our team meeting the other day to get my birthday present out of her boot (that's trunk to you Americans). She presented me with this beauty.  From the shape of the packaging I knew what it was going to be before I got it out of the wrapping paper and Vikki joined me in a little dance of joy that caused some passing shoppers to look a bit bewildered.   After all we're both 50 and not 12 so we're supposed to be a bit more demure. There might have been some whoops as well that attracted yet more attention.    I love it. Vikki and her husband Bean decided that this one was 'so Julie!'.  I tend to agree though am not sure why I should be associated with a pointy rainbow.

Louis was excited as well and put it up in double quick time after we arrived home on Tuesday.  We're displaying our groovy credentials in our staid quiet caravan park.  The banner will go with us on our travels this summer making sure that we're easily found by new friends and old at festivals and other forays.


11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I hope it won't attract the wrong kind of attention because here in Blackpool there are a lot of rainbow flags displayed in front of certain hotels. I think it's wrong, rainbows are beautiful for all to share.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it can mean LGBT down here too. I'm okay with that. Most gay people I know are pretty happy to hang out with a straight girlie. I'm sure that they won't mind me sharing their rainbow! x

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of summer sunshine and folk festivals. Yayx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is brilliant…what a great present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to ignore DH and hang bunting outside! As someone nearly 50, I would like to say that while 50 USED to be old (about 20 years ago) IT ISN'T NOW! Behave like 12 year olds whenever you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha at the dancing for joy! Went to garden centre earlier and lady was outside demonstrating bubble wands and told her I wanted her job. Bought one and extra bubble mix and now waiting for 18yo daughter to come home to have a go as rest of family will think I am nuts. 55 come June but who can resis bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't. I've got two potsful that were given to me for my birthday! x

      Delete
    2. I have a pot of bubble mixture too and I am 68...

      Delete
    3. Yay indeed. I blow bubbles from my first floor apartment onto the children playing in the courtyard, they think I am great.

      Delete