Thursday, 30 April 2015

When to Walk


Here's a picture taken at the gloriously tranquil Stover Lake the other night.  As least it was peaceful until Louis arrived. Even so, one new friend, the robin stuck around a while, unbothered by the incessant yabbering of a twelve year old.

I've been doing a lot of little hikes after work now the evenings are lighter.  Of course I'm spoilt for choice in South Devon.  I can head for the hills, the woods or the sea.  It seems though that I might be picking the wrong time to treat myself to gentle exercise for Henry Thoreau says:

'An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day'.

Hmmm!  Good advice that I really might benefit from taking on days when I'm not the one doing the school run.  I'll need to reschedule my blogging and chores so it's achievable.




3 comments:

  1. I would like to do an early morning walk, I get up early enough in the summer, but there's always a million and one other things to do. First off I need a coffee, then the animals are pestering me in the kitchen for food, Then I put the computer on and have a read while I eat brekkie, then I might write a blog post if a fresh idea springs to mind. That's the morning gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something special about being out and about early in the morning. I did a couple of early morning walks last year. I walked to the carboot in town before 6am on 2 successive Sunday mornings and had fabuous sunshine for both. On one of them I was passed by KL and her friends who were heading home in a taxi, having left a club at 5.30am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog sure would like it but I seem to find the snooze button twice each morning ending that spare time before heading to work and school drop off. A goal for summer.

    ReplyDelete