Friday, 1 May 2015

Big Germ


A few weeks ago when I was running around like a blue arsed fly, Toffeeapple sent me a link that she thought that I'd like.  Then I didn't have a chance to go looksie.  But now I'm as chilled out as a big chilled out thing, with a bit of time on my hands.  So I mosied on over to the website of Rogan Brown.  I'm so glad I did.  Go and have a peep yourselves.  There's a good chance that wonder and amazement might set in.

This, Cut Microbe, is the piece of his work  that Toffeeapple wanted to so me and I'm so in awe. It's a 44" depiction of a microbe, half a million times bigger than the real thing that has been meticulously handcut from paper over a four month period.  Wow!   That took some patience.   As it's going to be on permanent display at the Eden Project from May, there's a good chance that I might get to see it in the flesh.....or more precisely, the pulp!

1 comment:

  1. Do let us know if you do go to see it. I think the work is utterly amazing, what exactitude and fortitude!

    ReplyDelete