Friday, 15 May 2015

Buttered Up

On the crafting front my head is full of hares at the moment.  For those who are pernickety about spelling, yes, I have got this right.  I'm planning my own print of the 'Three Hares' symbol that grace the bosses of many Devon Churches.  This is the way it often goes. Brain space is taken up by my latest art project before there's much action. Thinking about what I'm going to produce makes those drives around the Devon countryside even more enjoyable and rewarding.  This one's particularly challenging because it's a symmetrical design.  A geometry set has been purchased and bunny-esque cardboard cutouts, can be found, at times, scattered over the motorhome table.  I'm getting close to making the first incision into a pristine lino block but I'm not quite there yet.

In the meantime I've done a bit of quick and dirty crafting.  Salty Dog has been on the hunt for a nautically themed butter dish for a while.  She admires my own Breton beauty, a reminder of all those holiday in my beloved France that are in the past and to come. However she was adamant that she wanted boats on hers.  So I popped into Clayart, the ceramics studio on Plymouth's Barbican, and painted her one. Now a butter dish is approximately liner shaped and that was my first idea.  In the end I plumped for cutesy  fishing boats.  Not a bad result for about an hour's work.  She's chuffed to bits!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. A lot nicer than my old margarine tub, the butter is just dumped in there, wrapper and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever of you it is lovely. No wonder your friend is chuffed so would I be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea, I bet she does love it. Truly personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word chuffed! I always love reminders about English English and American English being different. Cute butter dish-so thoughtful. I always think the best gifts are 1)unexpected and 2) totally spot on for the person. Score and score for you, with a bonus for your own ingenutiy and creativity.

    ReplyDelete