Sunday, 31 May 2015

Postcard from the Dock of the Bay

Morning all from the ferry port that sits on the edge of the beautiful little town of Roscoff where we arrived yesterday afternoon.   Here's a final shot from the Pink Granite Coast that we reluctantly left.  There was the obligatory stop at Decathlon,  the sports and outdoor store. Lou needed shin pads, a rucksack for Scout hikes and new football boots.  His feet have run away with themselves.  Ha! Even though he's a head height shorter than me his shoes are the same size.  All I bought myself was the second bike inner tube of the week to replace one of the one that was going to last forever. 'Don't ask!  It's a long old story but I'm now pretty adept at changing the damn things albeit in an unsuccessful kind of way.  Then another visit to E Leclerc for French goodies to help us preserve our memories a little longer.

It's become a tradition to spend a few hours wandering the streets and beaches of Roscoff. We had one of the best meals for a long time in a restaurant overlooking the sea, bream for me and scallops for Louis.   I told him he would like them.  Then we bedded down for our last wild and woolly night in France.  It's blowing a hoolie out there.  Fingers crossed that the crossing will be calm!

5 comments:

  1. And next week we're going to melt in 30+ temperatures. Mind you, I think you'll have much the same in Blighty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! Back at work. May have to plan some of those visits that take me up on the moor or off to the seaside

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of the warm weather, it's warmer in our fridge than outside xxx Will you be in Brittany in the summer hols? we can give each other a wave when we see each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - off to US and Canada to see my West Coast friends. It's my 50th birthday treat to myself and Lou.x

      Delete
  3. PS: More inner tube angst. I might have to do a post! x

    ReplyDelete