Monday, 25 May 2015

Wanderings

Here's a little taster of why we return to this spot on the northern Breton coast again and again.  As I'm sure you'll concur it's sublime. My intention is to retire to France and this could be the place that I settle. Pink granite meets idyllic beaches and I do not have the dilemma of whether to choose between the moorland and seaside.
It is all here.

Other parents agreed to be on hand for Louis whilst I went for a walk yesterday and I returned the favour later in the day to give them some adult time.  With my little bit of freedom I wanted to see where my wandering without a map would take me.  Sometimes it is good to be intentionally lost.  On my stroll I found another one of those hag stones.  Can you spot the hole in the top?  Now this one is way too big to fit in the glove compartment with the one that I found in Essex!

6 comments:

  1. We loved the Breton beaches as well. Found the most amazing miniature shells which were perfect for the collector's cabinet in my dolls house.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the hunt for a sea urchin shell. So rare as they're fragile x

      Delete
  2. We loved the pink granite coast. Are you in the area where the rocks along the cliffs have animal names? I seem to remember walking out from the campsite ( Eurocamp) through a gate and then along the coast to a lifeboat station or similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its that one. Euro camp have some chalets here. x

      Delete
  3. I've never been to that part of France but understand your love for it. It reminds me a little of parts of the far northen Lake superior coast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a fabulous beach. A little fisherman's cottage overlooking that would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete