Saturday, 13 June 2015

Pricey Pod


Does anyone else out there find those advertising banners that appear on websites slightly spooky? I only have to have just the merest hankering for something and whoah!  Up it pops at the top of the page.

I'm slightly flummoxed as to why this,  the Farmer's Cottage Deluxe Pod from John Lewis, has started to appear.  Perhaps there's a psychic ad-man out there who knows that I'm a sucker for a clever small space.  What he doesn't realise it that I'm not as  quite as flush as he thinks.  Lovely as it is, a garden room that costs a cool £18,995 is just a little bit out of my price bracket!

7 comments:

  1. We were simply talking about what washing machine to buy for our barn (no searches have been made on line), then up they popped. ESP I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same experience today after a friend and I were talking about wall beds!

      Delete
  2. No, I don't understand it either. It is clearly only meant for summer use- because you can buy an optional winter cover for £320, and a stainless steel upgrade for another £400. So let us say £20K in total [installation and base must be paid for too]. It lasts you perhaps 15 years. That works out at around £30 a week. Who has that much money to spare? I am sure YOU don't - so why on earth you got this IU do not know.
    I suspect that it will pop up on MY screen now though, because I followed your link!! weekend blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know some people are much more cautious about how they let cookies accumulate when they search the web because of these creepy spy like moments. I figure I'm not clever enough to gey ahead of them so have decided to embrace the pop ups. I too find much silly and unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday 3.36pm - The Pod has just popped up in my sidebar!! But there is still no chance I shall be buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even more expensive pod like structures are populating mine too. ThThey're multiplying!:x

      Delete
  5. I don't get adverts at all - Adblock plus works a treat, and, it is free.

    ReplyDelete