Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Random Updates: The Big Seal and Other Stuff

  • Lou has now has a drumkit at his Dad's. They bought it on Ebay for fifty five quid. Apparently it's noisy and I need to think twice about having one when I move into a semi-detached house.  His drumming teacher has taught him to play 'We Will Rock You'.
  • Try as I might my essay did not get finished to draft stage over the weekend.   After being provided with the examples of good work that I asked my course leader for, I  looked on my own effort with despair and  started over again! At least I have some idea of what I'm supposed to achieve now.
  • The latest food that I haven't tried before has been the Turkish yoghurt from Lidl, thick like Greek but sour like English - Yum!  I also had a carton of Innocent coconut water.  Now I don't like sweet drinks as a rule but this had the right balance.  It's supposed to be healthy but the cost is just about enough to bring on a heart attack.
  • More dreaming.  This time about a blooming great seal outside the window of a house the other day.  That, I think you'll find, is auspicious.  The window was broken though.   Where's Carl Jung for a bit of interpretation work when you need him?
  • Klaus the Knaus has sprung a leak.  I think it's been around for a long time as every so often the water pump starts of its own accord. I think I've detected where it is after a little bit of investigative crawling under the van.  Best get a repairman in before his bottom falls out.
  • The Moomin jar was not sold for a humongous profit. I  was too attached to those little fellas to let it go.  Louis has started drinking lemon tea.  It's now used to keep his sugar in.
  • I've been re-reading the Four Agreements. It stuffed full of wisdom that I wanted to be reminded of.  After some of the comments on my post about being alone last week I felt that this is might be helpful  to some out there.   Be warned.  It's deep! Skip to the next bullet point if you fancy passing over the  heavy stuff.
 'If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you.  If that person doesn't walk away, you will surely endure many years of suffering with him or her.  Walking away may hurt for a while, but your heart will eventually heal.  Then you can choose what you really want.  You will find that you don't need to trust others as much as you need to trust yourself to make the right choice'.
  • More campsite washing line thoughts.  I like to hide my underwear in a row between two lots of outer garments.  Is it weird to only let special people see your bras and pants even if you're not wearing them?  Anyway I couldn't bring myself to dry them outside the other day when the usual hanging configuration wasn't possible.  
  • Still working on the background for my hare print mentally.  Sometimes the things that I make take up a lot of head space before I commit.
  • My shares are doing crap at the moment but thankfully are still in profit. How Greece affects everything else I don't know.
  • After this year's Chagstock I might donate my rainbow festival banner to the cause of the American lady with the 'relentlessly gay' garden.
  • I have reserved a copy of the Old Man and the Sea at the library to explore the sparseness of Hemingway's writing for myself.

5 comments:

  1. Dreaming of seals is supposedly lucky.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking I heard that too when I read that line. Must be so if two of us remembered that!

      Delete
  2. Re: hiding intimate laundry: I always make sure my smalls (bigs) are put away before our cleaner comes; as it's a he and I've known him since he was 9, I just cannot countenance him being on nodding terms with my undies. There's some on the clothes horse just now and whether they are dry or not tomorrow, they will be hidden before he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every Monday, on our way home from shopping, we pass a washing line which ALWAYS contains four pairs of BIG PANTS. We're not sure if they're male or female, but it has become traditional for us both to shout out 'BIG PANTS' as we pass by..... little things eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last two comments here reassured me that my pant hiding activities are totally justified.

    ReplyDelete