Saturday, 27 June 2015

Real News

I've wanted to be a writer since I was dead little.  Blogging  daily, or as pretty much damn it, means that I'm living the dream.  Most of the time I quickly rack my mind trying to think of a topic for a post.  I haven't got all day you know. There's  a proper day job that pays real money! That's why you get some odd stuff sometimes.   A memory might spark inspiration. You sometimes get a treatise on how I'm feeling or I'll share something inspirational I've seen or heard.

But today I've got some proper news to share.  Remember a while back I told you that I'd decided to live in the motorhome until the autumn?  Well, yesterday everything changed.  My letting agent rang to say the tenants had given a month's notice.  'Better move in!' I said without hesitation.  To find someone else to rent my house would mean extending my adventure in small space living way beyond my planned end date.  I'm thinking of my kid when I say that the time has come for it to end.

So my adventure will stop more abruptly than I'd planned.  But then again I'd factored in some wiggle room for fate.   On one hand, because I love this way of living so much,  my heart with its traveller ancestry feels sadness.   I must put down roots but there's lots of positives too.

Firstly, I was dreading kicking my tenants out. I knew that they were a young family with a baby. The threat of donning the mantle of evil landlady was bearing down on me. Now they've made the decision to move themselves, it's a big relief.  Then there's the fact that many of my friends and family are so happy for me.  I have to say that some found it hard to accept that it was a positive life choice to live in such an unconventional way. They'll be much more comfortable visiting me in a house.  I'm swapping good for good too.  The house is beautiful, in a gorgeous part of the country.  I'm a stone's throw from the sea and that's been a lifelong dream.  And perhaps the downside of my campsite is that it is a little cut off.  I'm not a city girl but love the intimacy of village or small town living. It'll be good to get back to the kind of civilisation that suits.

So for the next month I'll be dreaming and scheming of my new life by the sea.  But I won't be giving this up this life entirely.  My plan is to keep Klaus the Knaus here.  That'll mean that I'll retain a moorland base, an economical second home, near to the South West's major transport links.  Thinking about it I could have the best of both worlds!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds fine, but won't you miss the income? We are mid 'Tenants Week', we invite our UK tenants to have a week in the sun 'gratis'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually have not made shedload from it. A new boiler and converting an induction hob to gas soaked up all profit. Tenants week. What a lovely idea!

      Delete
  2. Sending very best wishes from Surrey to you & your lovely son for your next move.
    Look forward to reading how you both adjust to your new way of life.
    xx

    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kindly thoughts x

      Delete
  3. I often think things fall together when they're meant to fit. What adventutres you've had and new ones to make. You've probably a line up of friends wanting to give Klaus a try. Nice decision to keep him parked and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a new adventure just a few weeks away. How exciting. I hope the move goes well for you both.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good when things work out just right. Hope you are soon settled in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanking everyone for their good vibes. Woken up in Brixham this morning after a lovely night out. It will be a good place to call home. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serendipity again, you lucky girl. x

    ReplyDelete