Saturday, 6 June 2015

Who's Your Favourite Drummer?

Ringo?  Phil Collins? John Bonham?  Naaahhh!  If it isn't this little hairy  bloke, who I was astonished to find doesn't feature on Rolling Stones 100 Greatest Drummers List, then I'm sorely disappointed with you!  Follow this link for a sampler of his amazing talent.  I'm personally allowed to have a new favourite because  Louis has started drum lessons.  He's been asking for a while so I knew that this desire to learn wasn't just a flash in the pan. His drumsticks of the Vic Firth variety now have pride of place in his school bag as there's a practice kit at school.  In fact in his eyes they're far more important than other stuff needed for lessons.  I've already found that out. And he seems to have rhythm. That's certainly not something he's got from me.  I'm all over the place when it comes to keeping the beat.

'So can I have a drum kit when we move into the new house Mum?' I baulked.  Even though it's a cool hobby and of course I'm a supportive parent, do I want the sounds of enthusiastic novice thrashing greeting me as I walk through the door on the evenings that he stays with me?  Oh I know a descant recorder is way worse but even so.  I've got a much better idea.  'Of course I'll get you one.' I replied.  'But won't it be great if you can keep it at Dad's house?!'

6 comments:

  1. Come on..... it has to be Ginger Baker!

    One of my grandsons has a drum kit, and I understand that our new next door neighbour in Brighton is a drum teacher (from home!). We haven't stayed at the Brighton house for many years (the house is let), but understand that it is livable-with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reality is that if he sticks(!) with it, there could well be a set in each house. Not feasible in the motorhome though.

      Delete
  2. That was pretty slick, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Lou and his dad are bidding on a drumkit on Ebay so my cunning plan has worked!

      Delete
    2. And they've won it for fifty five quid! x

      Delete