Friday, 24 July 2015

Four More Sleeps To Go

I'm going to ramble on today.  No proper post has been planned in advance.  It's not long at all now before I make the transition from mildly eccentric motorhome dweller to a proper grown up mum with a house by the seaside.  The final visit to the communal laundrette has been made after the usual scrabble around for change My knickers dried nicely on the secret squirrel middle line.

'I bet you'll miss the life' said one person yesterday.  I've forgotten who.  My head's in a bit of a planning whirr at a time when work has gone berserk.  Typical!  My answer wasn't quite the response that you may have expected from someone who's suited this way of life.  'No, I won't' I replied.  'I'm ready to move now.  Onwards and upwards!  An outrageously magical bed has been ordered, even more ornate than the one I saw first. A reminder of nomadic times in the past and to come maybe.  It looks like it is fit to take me on journeys in my dreams.  The fridge is a more sedate affair than the american retro one that I planned. I'll explain the reason another time.

When I began this experiment I thought that I might be writing about what I'd learnt about myself.  A bit of right royal navel gazing.  But there's little that I didn't know already.  I haven't missed my possessions but I learnt that from when I walked on the Appalachian Trail.,  I'm resilient and strong and know what holds real worth. Maybe I'd worked that out before  too.  It wouldn't have been a good idea to go off-piste from society as an emotional wreck.  I've been more surprised by Louis' contentment living in a small space beyond the first planned period.  Our relationship has grown ever stronger.  I couldn't have wished for a more fulfilling  parent-child bond.   He is my joy and my rock.  But would that have developed in the same way in a house? Who knows!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move, enjoy your house x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing your new home, with it's posh bed, and not so posh fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I shall be interested to hear if your living in your motorhome will have changed your feelings about living in a house once again in ways that you might not yet realise. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've so enjoyed reading your adventure called life. So much it has me thinking motorhome as part of a future life phase of my own a decade or so from now. Good wishes and toasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the move has as little stress as possible and that all goes right immediately.

    ReplyDelete