Thursday, 30 July 2015

My Big Black German

Well what a day yesterday was!  I'm going back to work  just for a break.   According to Mr Metrosexual I had so many men coming in and out of my house that my neighbours are going to think that I'm a trollop....delivery blokes, the removal people, Mr BT and a guy from South West Water to read a meter that I didn't know I had.  When I asked for one two years ago I was told that it was impossible to fit.  It was a pleasant surprise to find out that I'll been saving a considerable amount of money every month. Maybe though I can't have those endless baths I'd planned that would have been possible with unfettered water use.

After sixteen hours of near endless activity I sank into my new bed. More of that in a minute.  First, let me introduce my fridge.  'Now hang on a cotton picking minute!'  I hear some of my regular readers say. 'Wasn't this supposed to be retro and cream?'  Well I'd already decided against that after a reviewer on a website had described the Gorenje model that I thought that I'd wanted as plasticky.  I like to appreciate my possessions and I didn't want to run the risk of spending loads of money and being disappointed.  So I chose a more modern model, again in cream.  It was supposed to arrive Tuesday but didn't.   I threw toys out of a metaphorical pram, I'd say with some justification, and cancelled my order.  Quick action had to be taken to set up a next day delivery.  This limited my options but I chose this Bosch frost free chappie. He looks just fine with my kitchen and I love his silver handles.  It's great to have a proper freezer back.  In the motorhome I just have a tiny icebox that holds one item at a time.  To celebrate I went out and bought the biggest bags of oven chips and peas that I could find AND two types of ice cream!

Amongst all those other things that I've done I managed to follow some of those unfeasibly complicated flatpack instructions and build a big brass bed.  This exact one in fact. Again I changed my mind about the exact model but isn't that a woman's perogative?

Most of the house looks like I have Diogenes syndrome.  I've just waiting for a TV reality crew to come round, tell me I'm a messy cow and sort me out.  I'm not a systematic unpacker but the wild woman of Borneo unleased.  What I have done is to create two havens of tranquility in amongst all the chaos.  To preserve my sanity the living room and my bedroom are clutter free.




2 comments:

  1. We changed to a water meter a few years ago……the cost went down immediately from £53 per month on the Direct debit, to £21 I think was the level they set it at until our usage had been monitored. It is still around the early £20's . We don't have baths, but we had a leaky tap for several months,( it filled a bucket a day) and I use a hose for the garden….it still stays low cost, so don't worry about enjoying a bath…at least until you get your first " proper" bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your bed - very chic. Happy New Home.
    xx

    ReplyDelete