Sunday, 2 August 2015

A Little Glimpse


Good morning good people from sunny Brixham!  I have to pinch myself when I say that  as I can't really believe that I'm finally living here in the house I bought two years ago. Who'd have thought it?

Backalong I showed off my property in its naked form, albeit that some of my camping gear was in situ.  Now I'm ready to let you have a peep at just one furnished room.  The rest of the house looks like Armageddon has struck so you not allowed to see that.

But behold I reveal my living room suitably attired with my stuff.  Lovely, isn't it although I say so myself.  Mr Metrosexual has given the thumbs up on my of his pop in visits.  He said it is very bohemian chic.  I like that.

It's good for my soul that in among the chaos I have somewhere pretty to sit and contemplate my navel.....oh and that list of tasks that seems endless.  I'm setting myself daily goals to get the house shipshape.  Yesterday I got my Internet up and running and hung pictures.  Today the spare room which is the main storage hub will be cleared to a degree where I can put the chaise longue in the window bay.  By the end of next week I will paint Louis' room so it's ready for him when he arrives for the first time next Sunday.  Big pink roses don't cut the mustard as far as a twelve year old boy is concerned.  Oh, I saw my son briefly yesterday when I picked him up from the Devon Scout Jamboree.  He was tired and smelly and had been parted from half his possessions over the week.  The lady in lost property said that he had earned his frequent flyer reward.  Typical kid camp then!
Yesterday was the first time I really got to appreciate where I lived since moving in day.  The boys took me down to tea on the harbour which is less than a ten minute walk.  They left me down there as they had to go home and pack for their holiday.  I had to get a few bits and bobs from the Coop.  It struck me then that I am a local and not just a visitor doing the routine things of everyday life.Whoopee!  I stopped to admire the view and patted myself on the back.  I do believe that I have done good!


13 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and homely already (at least in one room!). I'm sure you will soon have the whole house as you want it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks lovely! and is that an optician's equipment in the corner - if so is it for decorative kitsch purposes, or is it part of your work equipment???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://lovelygreyday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/double-tena-knicker-wettingly-exciting.html I 'rescued' it from work. Haven't upcycled it yet to make it swankier but it works and is one of my favourite possessions. Have been offered lots of money for it but I won't part x

      Delete
  3. Can I guess that the pottery bowls and plates are self made or gifts from friends? They're lovely and I too would find that room calming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're home made, gifts and charity shop finds. The room is really calm and the quality of light is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your lovely interesting blog for a while now but now feel I want to wish you and your son good times in your new home!
    Take care,
    Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Is that an eye chart I spy? You live in a beautiful part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also live in Torbay, but across the Bay from Brixham. How fortunate we are to live in such a glorious corner of England, even though it gets busy in the summer. But it's nice to share such a super place with others, and they bring much-needed revenue to those in the tourist industry for, as we know, it's a long winter even in the sunny south.
    I'm new to your blog but hope to look in again. One thing, though: I don't understand your blog title: perhaps your house is painted black & white and you have a colour interior?
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret - glad you've found me. The title is about my philosophy on life. I used to explain it in my profile description. Will do that again when I have a mo'.

      Delete
  8. Four wheels and a pallet; perfect! The bay looks wonderful... you've made a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your kind words everyone. I'll show you more when I've settled! x

    ReplyDelete