Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Beyond Kitsch

I dropped off three bags of stuff to the charity shop yesterday.  Things that have become redundant since spending time in a motorhome taught me to live leaner. Oh and some clothes Louis has grown out of.  Kids do that.  Anyway this caught my eye.  Well it would, wouldn't it.  You could hardly miss it.  I was in the market for a new teapot as I've had another one of my moving in disasters that destroyed my old one.  I thought that this strikingly garish Cardew designed Rick Stein teapot was a fitting replacement for my seaside home!

8 comments:

  1. That is so awful, to vulgar and kitsch it's actually beautiful!!! I love it!!!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just made for your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give that house room!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an ace teapot so garish it's groovy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do realise, don't you, that every time you use that teapot , you will have to wear a Kiss Me Quick hat? It's the Kitsch Act 1962, I believe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it's gone done well. It's already been used for its inaugural tea making ceremony. Looks quite dapper with the Cornish Blue Mugs x

    ReplyDelete