Saturday, 22 August 2015

Cat Herding in Seattle

Technology is battling against me today.  I've been wanting to show off everything that we did in an action packed day that culminated in seeing the Seattle Mariners get thrashed by the Chicago White Sox. But can I find a method that will allow me to upload photos quickly and easily? I'm being scuppered on all fronts by stroppy connectivity and a crashing laptop.

We walked and walked yesterday, first at Alki Beach in West Seatlle and then downtown starting off at Pike Place Market. The kids and I promenaded along the waterfront and ended up at the iconic Space Needle at Seattle Centre.  I was sort of in control of the two very excited kids that I was responsible for.   On our journey downtown in the car I thought that the African Art exhibition at the Seattle Art Museum  looked interesting. My eleven year old tourist guide had other ideas for our cultural and culinary edification.  'What do you want to show me in your city?' I asked eleven year old Ava after she'd introduced Louis to corn dogs when I gave her free reign of  luncheon choices.  She had no hesitation in leading us up a very dark alley to the Gum Wall, runner up to the Blarney Stone in the top 5 of the world's germiest attractions!


No comments:

Post a Comment