Friday, 7 August 2015

Transition

Aaargh!  Work and holiday planning are getting in the way of my nest building.   It's now just over a week since I moved into my new home and things are taking shape....slowly. Actually that's not the case. I'm doing really well but I'm an impatient so-and-so who needs to learn that I can't have everything right away.  So what have I been up too?
  • Aside from crafting stuff all storage boxes are empty.  
  • The storage facility was damp and the drawers expanded in one of the chests.  They're stuck tight, a problem that should resolve soon in the dryer environment of a house.  I'm still waiting to be able to open a couple of them  to see what I actually put in there.
  • I thought I'd gained a shed as one appeared in my garden.  It's gone now.  Apparently my consecutive tenants sold it to each other along the line.  Obviously, being evil landlady I wasn't offered a similar deal.  Need to source somewhere to store the bikes pronto!
  • I thought I'd lost my passport.  Eeek!  With a week to go before a big holiday I wasn't relishing an emergency trip to Cardiff to collect a new one . Luckily I found it safe and secure in Klaus the Knaus' glove box when I went to check he was alright in his new home.
  • I have a cunning redecoration plan sorted and have made a  start by painting Louis' attic abode. Believe me, a twelve year old boy cannot be persuaded that pink rose wallpaper is perfectly acceptable decor for a bloke's room. 
  • I've been making use of having a dishwasher and washing machine to hand big time.
  • There's a pigging mess in the garden where I've chucked out the detritus that might be the inevitable consequence of a move.  Might have to find a man with a van to move that lot.
  • We have landline phone (why?) and broadband but no TV.  I thought I'd ordered that as part of the installation package.  Getting hold of BT by phone to talk about this may be akin to waking the dead.
  • There's been absolutely no time to enjoy my seaside location.  What's more I have to fight through the throngs of tourists to get home.  'Remember it's just August that the roads are this bad' said Red Mel. 
  • I'm mainlining toasted sandwiches as I have my electric grill back.  Mature cheddar cheesy ones.  Soon I shall look like two pieces of bread with a melty filling.
  • I'm appreciating having tea in bed in the morning.  There was nowhere to put a cup by my bed in the sky in the motorhome.
So it's coming on and I've adapted well to living in a bigger space.  I hope to show off another room shortly.




12 comments:

  1. Sounds fun...but exhausting!! Looking forward to seeing the next room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colour has Louis chosen for his room? Looking forward to seeing more of your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't choose. I'm a control freak! It's white with a grey feature wall. Hoping to surprise him with it decorated as far as possible when he arrives on Sunday x

      Delete
  3. You will get there in the end, it takes time, no need to rush. Can you break down the garden rubbish into smaller pieces to fit into your wheelie bin, to be collected over several weeks. I got rid of a cast iron bath that way, took a lot of bashing with a hammer, and only a few pieces at a time as it was so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take months and there's an old back door. x

      Delete
  4. love the bird house, and despite being so busy , it all sounds rather gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my birdhouse alas. Just a Piana picture to illustrate the x concept of nesting x

      Delete
  5. Sounds like things are coming along nicely. A man with a van sounds like a good plan . That way you can just get rid of it all in one fell swoop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melted mature cheese toasted sandwiches are the food of the gods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Egg and chips come under that category too. It was the first meal that I had after I gave birth to Lou and could give up the runny egg ban!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you are enjoying all the mod cons!

    ReplyDelete