Monday, 14 September 2015

Bare Naked Bulbs: I've Got Them Covered!

With all the boxes and stray odds and sods now confined to the spare room with its firmly closed door, my house is looking and feeling much more homely.  Louis' attic area is being decorated as we speak and I'm hoping that I'll be able to show off my handiwork in the next week or so.  In the meantime I've spruced up the place by popping up inexpensive lampshades everywhere.  Nine of them in total. It's amazing the difference that replacing manky fittings and covering bare bulbs has made.

My favourites are three that I bought in a funky store called Make in Vancouver.   Now conventional pendant shades would have been jolly difficult to fit into a suitcase but these came flatpacked. They consist of thirty plastic pieces each.  I spent a couple of enjoyable evenings constructing them from the 'simple' instructions.  Of course , a few sweary words were to be had before I ended up with my knobly globes

And here's one of them finished and hanging in the bedroom.  I heartily recommend a trip to Granville Island to get some yourself if you're keen! For those who can't trek half way around the world to enhance their home decor, it seems that they're readily available on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely lampshade, very stylish. I really like your wardrobe too......

    ReplyDelete