Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Just a Cold?

For the first time in over a year I took a day off sick yesterday.  Let's see what today brings.  I have a cold.  It sounds so weedy when you give in to what is seen as a minor ailment that'll be over in a few days. Even if this is not a serious I feel pretty ill! No wonder men have the reputation of bigging it up to full blown 'flu.  They may have a point.

My cold  is the type where each sneeze is a tissue buster.  If I lie down I get congested and have a fit of coughing.  An upright pose and it's like the Niagara Falls have been redirected through my nose. The trips down to the kitchen to top up those fluids that I'm meant to imbibe liberally seem like a major expedition.  I'd like to stock up on Lemsip but a drive to Sainsbury's seems a step too far.


 I feel a bit needy but Mum lives a long way away.  There's nothing for it but to intersperse sleep with offerings from the BBC i-player.  I can't focus to study so back episodes of 'Cradle to Grave' have hit the spot.  The creators have got that whole seventies vibe just right.

10 comments:

  1. Yuck......feel better soon. There's a lot of nasties going round, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon. I've had colds that have made me feel really ill - even my skin hurt to the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you feel better soon…have you tried Radio 4 Extra ? You can keep your eyes closed for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunker down and get better soonx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to stay home even if it is a minor ailment, that way you don't spread it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon and keep warm.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you soon feel better - there are some really horrible colds going about at the moment. I've really been enjoying 'Cradle to Grave' as well, they've done it so well it seems like stepping back to my days as a teenager in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all kind wishes. I'm getting better - slowly! Managed the trip to the supermarkert for medical supplies yesterday. They were one of the few things that I've left in Klaus the Knaus, my motorhome, when I moved out. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know that you are improving.

    ReplyDelete