Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Baldilocks and The Three Hairs

This is the new nickname given to me by my son!  It's been nigh on two years since I had my last misadventure in home haircutting.  I reckon I was due for another.  Now my peepers do not operate anywhere near the 20/20 range anymore.  Eagle eyed I am not.  I think of myself as more like a particularly observant mole.

Anyway I thought I'd picked a grade 4 attachment for my clippers.  It turns out that, with a blurry gaze, an upside down 2 can look pretty similar.  I noticed my error early into the cut. There was rather more of a pink glow from my scalp showing through. However, once committed there was no turning back.

I have to say that I'm not really too mortified.  It makes a change albeit a chilly one now those sea breezes are picking up.  Nothing that a natty hat won't sort out. And it feels great, like velvet.....or maybe the coat of a whippet.   Chicken Mama, my lovely friend who has sat next to me  at work since Mr Metrosexual retired, couldn't resist stroking me several times yesterday.  If I can give her comfort so be it!

11 comments:

  1. Your head certainly looks okay to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, and very like Louis. Not much older than him either !! ( I would have to try and stop myself stroking you too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a male friend with a very similar haircut; his had a star stencilled onto the back, and looked very cool. Is Louis any good with stencils?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking that Louis could have a go at cutting your hair next time ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if it looked bad, it wouldn't take long to grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous, a successful mistake. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It suits you! I cut my own hair, by that I mean I whack an inch off the bottom ever so often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great. My grandson has a similar cut and he is is used to me stroking his head as he passes. When it gets a bit longer I call him my little hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you all for kind words. Kingsbridge Social Services team gave me a great big thumbs up as well when I popped into their office yesterday. May remain shorn. It is nice and easy! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely. I've done this a few times myself and its amazing how many people just want to run their hands over your head!!

    ReplyDelete