Saturday, 31 October 2015

Eliminating Annoyances

Call me OCD, as Louis erroneously does, but I can't bear living in a messy house.  It has an enormously negative effect on my psyche. I've noticed that it goes two ways.  If my home is untidy my mood dips.  Conversely if I'm feeling a bit blue you can bet your bottom dollar that, if I don't pay attention, the housework slips.   It's important then that things are shipshape for my sanity.  The fact I'm still living  in a degree of upheaval is one of the reasons why I'm a bit stressy at the moment.

My kitchen looks gorgeous but if I'd have been the designer I would have done it differently. It doesn't seem to have been properly thought out.   For example the sink is way over to the end of the worksurface.  There's nowhere to put the dirty stuff whilst washing up.  The island that divides the dining room from the kitchen is also positioned wrongly.  A foot over to the the left and there'd have been room for another much needed storage cupboard by the wall over to the right.   It would be parallel to the fireplace as well.   Minor problems I know when compared with world hunger or health epidemics but I can't help that they're important to me.  And my little niggles are something that I can do something about so let's crack on!

My biggest bugbear is that there is no dedicated storage for cutlery and utensils.   I have to go walkabout  to get a fork from the unit on the other side of the dining room.  And stuff like the potato masher and slotted spoons  were rattling around in one of the deep drawers with the saucepans.  It was a right bloody mess that was doing my head in every time I cooked.  That is until yesterday, when this arrived.

It's the Tool Turn-around by Pampered Chef.  Salty Dog has one and I thought it was just the job for me as well.  This cleverly designed utensil holder rotates and  holds up to 4.5kg of tools.  I've put it next to the hob where I'm most likely to need  the gizmos that it holds. I like the way they look.  Like some mad flower arrangement ....with spatulas!

4 comments:

  1. Very clever gadget. It's really annoying when a kitchen doesn't flow properly. I hope you come up with a solution. As to your OCD, it can't be that bad or it would be CDO wouldn't it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't cope with the CDO. Maybe I do have it! x

      Delete
  2. You'd hate this house; it's filled with clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't. It's only mess in my own space that does my head in.

      Delete